Wednesday 18 April 2012

24 hour Read-a-Thon - Spring 2012 edition

Just a quick post to announce to my faithful readers (of which I appear to have several - very daunting) that this Saturday I will be taking part in my second 24-hour Read-a-Thon, as I had such a blast doing it in October. I'm currently planning both what food I need to make in advance, to prevent time wasting while still keeping myself nourished - and most importantly, of course, my reading list.

My husband thinks it would be a blast if I read one of the Target novelizations of Doctor Who adventures, and I will therefore be reading the very first one, Doctor Who in Exciting Adventure with the Daleks (later renamed boringly Doctor Who and the Daleks). I will also be reading volume 2 and 3 of Adam Warren's superhero comic Empowered, because it will be nice light entertainment in between my other "proper" books. Which, let's face it, will probably be fantasy and/or romance. Because I'm nothing if not predictable. I will, like last year, try to update once an hour with my progress, and after the Read-a-Thon is complete, I will obviously review and blog all the books I got through (which will add to my total Cannonball count as well, always a nice bonus).

2 comments:

  1. Fantasy and/or romance sounds good. I think it's a good idea to stick to fast, light reads in a favourite genre. I'll be doing mostly mystery and YA myself. Good luck for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of books that I've been saving up for the Read-a-thon, hoping that I'll be more motivated to read them, and not get stuck. Mostly, I'm just looking forward to putting all my work and stress aside and devoting myself to reading for as much of a 24-hour period as possible. Even if it means more work later.

    Good luck to you too.

    ReplyDelete