Friday 7 September 2012

R.I.P. VII

Thanks to Raych on Books I Done Read, I discovered another Reading Challenge, which seems like a lot of fun to take part in.

Now in its seventh year, the R.I.P runs from September 1st (so it's already started) to October 31st. The goal is to have fun reading, and to share said fun with others. Participants read and/or watch TV and films they classify as:
Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Dark fantasy
Gothic
Horror
Supernatural
Or anything else sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.


Peril the first involves reading four books that fit the genre criteria before October 31st. As a whole bunch of books on my reading list are in these genres, it should be fine. My four books will probably be:

  • Dreaming of Amelia by Jaclyn Moriarty (published as The Ghosts of Ashbury High in the US)
  • The Stress of Her Regard by Tim Powers 
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Busman's Honeymoon by Dorothy L. Sayers
Peril on the Screen means I watch something scary or mysterious and blog about it. I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, but do like mysteries and gothic things, so I should be able to find something that fits without much trouble.

I may also take part in the October group read, which is Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book, which I've wanted to re-read. I may listen to the audio book instead, to give me a different experience from last time. So watch this space for reviews (I just need to catch up on my backlog of 12+ books first). 

No comments:

Post a Comment