Sunday 26 April 2015

#Readathon Spring 2015: End of event

Another year is over, and while I totally cracked and had to sleep for mearly seven hours there in the middle and my book total and page total is lower than it has been...possibly ever, I did at least get to spend a lot of the last 24 hours luxuriating in books, which is never a bad thing.

Here, as is traditional, is the end of event meme:
1) Which hour was the most daunting for you?
Hour thirteen, between 2 and 3 am, when I was fighting my tiredness and decided I had to go to bed.

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I can recommend pretty much any contemporary romance by Laura Florand, and I suspect the graphic novels I had lined up would have been good too. I've heard so many good things about them - Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster, Ms. Marvel: No Normal and Rat Queens: Sass and Sorcery.

I never have any suggestions for how this thing can be improved, so I'll skip that question.

4) What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
My cheerleaders, who tweeted me, were very nice and supportive. I liked beeing cheered on Twitter.

5) How many books did you read?
I ended up with a grand total of 2.

6) What were the names of the books you read?
All for You by Laura Florand
The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

7) Which book did you enjoy most?
All for You

8) Which book did you enjoy least?
I only read the two, and I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy both a whole lot. But The Royal We was longer and dragged a bit in the middle, for the mopey broken-up bits, so if someone forced me to choose between two very good books, I'd have to pick The Royal We as the one I enjoyed a bit less.

9) As always, my only advice for the cheerleaders is to keep up the good work

10) I will absolutely be Read-a-thoning again in October, and hope I'm more rested and able to go the distance as a Reader then.

Approximate minutes spent reading: 705
Total pages read: 744

No comments:

Post a Comment